Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You didn't expect a blog about unemployment to be a complete whine-free zone did you?

I only have 20 more days left in the Land of the Cleves and, well, I’m really bored. I thought my days here would be crazy busy – trying to squeeze in as much friend time as possible. Turns out … no. Most of my friends have jobs.

I am starting to feel a bit like Bill Murrey a la "Groundhog Day." My days generally go as follows:
-Wake up
-Work out
-Sit at computer, look for jobs, email friends, write sinfully witty blogs for my loyal fans.
-Eat lunch
-Work out (again, yes. If I’m gonna be unemployed, I might as well be in the best shape of my life.)
-Eat dinner/drink copious amounts of cheap wine
-TV
-Sleep

Sometimes I will also wander around aimlessly at Target and I’ve also rented the entire new release wall at Hollywood Video. The 17-year old Twilight-obsessed, Hot Topic shopping goth kid at the desk knows my name.

I’m going absolutely nuts here! Yesterday I talked to the mailman for ten minutes. I was just excited to hear someone else’s voice other than my own. Yeah, that’s right. I talk to myself – and the cats. You have a steady, busy full-time occupation taken away from you and we’ll see just how SANE you are after two months, buddy.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. I could volunteer at an animal shelter or soup kitchen. Better myself. Go to a library. Teach a child to read. Yeah, people have it worse than me.

But, this is MY blog. I’ll whine if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment