Monday, May 11, 2009

You Should Be Dancin' -yeah!

If you know me, you know I love taking Zumba classes. It’s basically aerobics with some choreography and Latin music. Whenever I tell people I do this they’re really impressed – like I am on Broadway or Dancing with the Stars or something.

As much as I’d like to think I’m a talented dancer – my mother will tell you otherwise. As a kid I was forced to take tap-dancing lessons and parade around in costumes that just would NOT happen outside of a strip club today: One year I wore a tiger-print leotard for my recital. With fish-nets, naturally. Rrrowl. And the next year? I wore the equivalent of a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader uniform. How is it that I didn’t make the career move to stripper?

Oh yes, coordination. I could never perform unless I was watching my feet – So pole dancing would probably be out of the question.

But if you’re scared of Zumba. Let me break it down in the simplest way possible. A typical dance goes something like this:

Grapevine- 4 times
Do the cabbage patch- 4 times
Mow the lawn – 4 times
More cabbage patching…
Hands in the air!
Clapping...
Thrust hips
Repeat.

That’s it! I dare any Zumba dancer tell me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment